Welcome to Pilot Butte Elementary School
Home of the Wildcats
Principal - Mrs. Susie Dickman
School Day 8:20-3:10
Preparing Beyond Elementary: Guiding, empowering, and inspiring the whole child for future success.
Pilot Butte Elementary will create a safe learning environment to promote growth and lifelong learning.
Pilot Butte Elementary Attendance Protocol
- 3 days of excused absences - reported to the teacher by the counselor for contact with student/parent and reported back to the counselor for record keeping and follow-up purposes.
- 5 days of excused absences – district letter sent home to parents informing them of the district attendance policy
- 7 days of excused absences – counselors contact parents to inquire about absences, offer support, discuss importance of school attendance
- 9 days of excused absences – parents are invited to meet with the AMP team and School Resource Officer to reinforce the district attendance policy
- After 10 days of excused absences – district letter sent home to parents informing them of the district attendance policy. The attendance secretary will record all future absences as unexcused (per district policy)
- 11 days of absences (excused/unexcused) – student absences are referred to the Truancy Officer
**Medically excused absences (a doctor’s note has been provided to the office) and bereavement absences are not included in the totals above.
***After 10 medically excused absences, the school nurse will pull records to review Dr.’s notes to determine if the AMP team should meet with parents to discuss health concerns and student support.
For information on the Wyoming State Attendance Policy and/or the district Attendance Policy (Policy-jed) see links listed on this homepage